Thursday, November 19, 2009

About Me

Welcome to my new blog. I am Lonna Ponce, owner of Ponce's Portraits, located in Elk Grove, CA. I love being a portrait and wedding photographer because I love being able to give people tangible memories to cherish for their entire lives. As a photographer I touch many lives and it is really rewarding to get comments like this recent one I received on facebook from one of my favorite clients, Terri:

"Hi Lonna, don't know if you got my phone message...but the photos of the kids are just beautiful! The one of Hank is so perfect that it took my breath away. I am teary-eyed just thinking about it. You truly captured their inner beauty and fun personalities! You even made Jeff and I look good! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! We will treasure these pictures...always! xoxo"

Terri is a great Mom of three beautiful children, one of which is fighting a disease called Parry Romberg Syndrom: an extremely rare, progressive, "incurable" auto-immune disease that causes facial atrophy...meaning it causes half the face to "waste" away. Hank is incredibly brave and you can just feel the love in their family. I was honored to host a fundraiser on their behalf. You can follow Hank and his progress at: http://thehankchronicles.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Lonna--this is great! And thanks for sharing the story of Hank. It is touching. And at this time of year it reminds me to be thankful for the good health my two children share.

    ReplyDelete