Friday, December 18, 2009

I am really excited because I have been searching for my long lost childhood friend for quite sometime and I think I found her on Facebook. She hasn't replied to my message inquiry, but am hopeful. I recognize some of her friends as her kids, so just know it must be her even without a profile picture.

We were best friends in 4th grade and sometime after that she moved away to Southern CA. We used to keep in touch as pen pals and would try to visit once a year or so. That is the first time I took a plane ride by myself was to go visit her. She was such a great friend and even one of my bridesmaids in my wedding and I in hers. It seems just a couple years ago (I am sure it was longer) that we lost contact and the annual Christmas/Birthday cards seemed to disappear.

I remember Holly as a great friend and great mom to her kids. I remember one time she was on her way up north to visit her sister and she stopped and spent the night. We sat on the couch and talked for hours. I miss those times as far and infrequent as they were. So I am hopeful that I hear from her soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment